Transfer Credit

The Office of the Registrar determines whether college credits previously earned at other institutions may be transferred to D’Youville College. Evaluation of credit is made only after the student submits an official transcript. Transfer credit may be awarded for each course in which the student has earned a grade of C or better from a regionally accredited institution in courses applicable to the College core or the intended major or program. Certain majors or programs may require higher grades and specific timelines to transfer in specific areas. Departments and schools reserve the right to refuse to accept transfer credit hours in fulfillment of their major requirements. Grades for transfer credits do not appear on the D’Youville College transcript and are not included in the student’s GPA calculation.

Students may transfer up to half of the credits required for their major course or program of study and all of the credits required to meet the college core requirements. Students must complete a minimum of 30 semester credit hours at D’Youville College and meet all of their major/ program and core curriculum requirements in order to graduate from the college. Transfer credits completed at institutions with other than regional accreditation are evaluated for transfer purposes on a case-by-case basis.

Students entering D’Youville College with a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, as determined by the registrar’s office, are not required to meet the core requirements. However, they must make up any prerequisites for the major curriculum, complete at least one-half of the major curriculum requirements at D’Youville and fulfill all other requirements pertaining to the degree.