Pass/Fail (Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory) Option

All satisfactory/unsatisfactory grades appear on the transcript as S (Satisfactory) or U (Unsatisfactory) with no grade points assigned. Students may choose to receive an S/U grade in free elective courses and in any course outside the major program requirements. Courses used to satisfy the WIP requirement cannot be taken Pass/ Fail (S/U). A maximum of eight credit-bearing courses may be chosen for an S/U grade during the college career. WIP courses are not eligible to be taken as an S/U course.

Courses may be taken in any semester as long as the total number of courses does not exceed eight.

Students must make application for an S/U grade by mid-semester as specified in the current university calendar. This is usually the eighth week of the semester. Once selected as S/U, a course may not subsequently be taken for a letter grade.