Marketing/Business Administration B.S./M.B.A.
The B.S. Marketing/MBA is a combined degree path that allows a student to earn both a Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing and a MBA at an accelerated pace. Current D'Youville B.S. Marketing students are eligible for this combined degree path and can be admitted by submitting a change of major form to the Chair of the Business Department. Transfer students are also accepted to this combined pathway and are required to complete a minimum of 50% of the major coursework at D'Youville College and can transfer no more than nine graduate credits. This accelerated degree pathway allows students to take three MBA courses while they are undergraduate students. These three courses (nine credits) double count toward the undergraduate B.S. degree as well as toward the MBA degree. Students who enter this program as undergraduate students and who maintain good academic standing do not need to reapply for the graduate program and transition to graduate-only MBA courses after the completion of their B.S. Marketing degree.
Both the B.S. Business Management and the MBA at D'Youville are accredited by the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE).
Students who pursue the combined BS Marketing/Master of Business Administration pathway must meet all graduation requirements for each individual degree. For specific information regarding the course requirements please visit the Academic Catalogue for each individual degree program. Students in this pathway will complete three MBA courses (MBA 501, MBA 603, MBA 604) in their senior year. These three courses (nine credits) double count toward fulfilling both undergraduate and graduate degree requirements. In the case of the undergraduate degree (BS) these courses count as management electives (nine credits).
Note: The MBA program consists of 36 graduate credits offered in two separate formats - Saturdays face-to-face on-campus and asynchronous online-only. Students who pursue the BS Marketing/MBA combined degree pathway may choose to complete their MBA courses in either format. Students in the Saturday-only face-to-face on-campus format complete courses one-at-a-time at an accelerated pace every five weeks. Students choosing the online-only format complete accelerated asynchronous online-only courses every eight weeks and may register for more than one course at a time. Because the curriculums are the same between these two programs it is possible for online-only students to choose to take one or more Saturday-only courses and for Saturday-only students to take online-only courses.
Program academic policies:
To be in good standing, students must do the following:
For all coursework at the 100 to 400 levels
1. Maintain term (semester/summer) GPA of 2.5 and cumulative GPA of 3.0.
2. Maintain a minimum grade of C in all 100- to 400-level courses required in the major and for all other courses required for the major.
3. Undergraduate program students experiencing academic difficulties may be required to decelerate their progress until an acceptable level of general academic performance is achieved. Permission to decelerate in the program must be obtained from the chair of the department of business.
4. Students at the undergraduate level can be placed on program probation a maximum of two consecutive terms or a total of three nonconsecutive terms. Students who exceed these limits are dismissed.
For all Graduate level coursework in the program (All MBAXXX courses)
In addition to the general academic regulations, all full-time and part-time students must meet the academic regulations listed below:
1. A student must maintain a minimum semester/summer and cumulative graduate G.P.A of at least 3.0.
2. Course grades below "C" do not count toward MBA graduation requirements.
3. Any student who earns a grade below that of "C" in any required MBA/graduate course must repeat the course and earn a grade of "C" or above. Students who earn a grade below "C" in any course may repeat that course one time. Students failing to earn a grade of "C" or above in the repeated course will be academically dismissed from the MBA program.
4. Any student who fails to achieve a minimum semester/summer or cumulative graduate 3.0 G.P.A. and/or who has earned more than two grades below “C” at the completion of the term (Spring, Summer, Fall), will be placed on academic probation. Students can be on probation for one term (Spring, Summer, Fall). Probation is for one full-time term. Dismissal occurs if, within the one term probation period, program requirements are not met (graduate GPA 3.0, and no more than two courses below a grade of “B”).
5. Graduation requirements can be met if a student has a cumulative graduate G.P.A. of at least 3.0 and has no more than two required MBA/graduate courses below the grade of "B" (and at or above the grade of "C").
Students who fail to achieve a minimum grade of "B" for more than two MBA/graduate courses will be required to repeat one or more of those courses to achieve the minimum graduation requirements of a cumulative
Incoming freshman may apply for this program as with the following admissions standards:
1. Combined SAT scores of at least 1,080 (math and verbal) or 21 ACT (Test scores are optional)
2. A high school average of at least 85 percent
Students must also demonstrate successful completion of two years of mathematics. Although D’Youville does not mandate that letters of recommendation or a letter of intent to study a specific discipline be included with the application, students applying to the BS Marketing/MBA combined degree pathway are strongly advised to include these documents with their application.
Transfer students (internal and external) may apply for this program with the following admissions standards:
- A minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Transfer students are also strongly advised to include letters of recommendation and a letter of intent with their application.
- Students with a GPA of lower than 2.5 may be considered for conditional acceptance on an individual basis. Conditionally accepted students can matriculate after completing four undergraduate or graduate courses, as appropriate, with a grade of B or better.
Students in the 4-year Marketing B.S. program who are considering applying for transfer to this program are encouraged to talk to their academic advisor before the start of their 6th semester of full-time study. Current B.S. Marketing students may apply for this program by completing a change of major form as long as they are in good academic standing in the B.S. Marketing program. This form is sent to the chair of the business department.