Change of Registration (Drop/Add Procedure)
A student may Add a course to their schedule during the course’s Add Period. This period begins on the first day of classes for the semester and ends according to the table below.
The Late Add period for a course begins with the first calendar day after the Course Add period and ends on the day when 66% of the duration of the course is attained. A student may add a course during the Late Add Period with the written permission of the course instructor.
Dropping/Withdraw Course Policy
A student earning academic credit requesting to drop a course or multiple courses without academic penalty during the Course Withdraw/Late Drop period must complete a electronic course (drop/add) request. Course withdrawal without academic penalty must be initiated within the established time limit.
Difference between “dropping” and “withdrawing” from a course and when is critical.
- Dropping during the Drop period, the course will not be recorded on transcript.
- Withdrawal after the Drop period has ended, official notification student no longer intends on attending the lectures, and course will remain on the transcript and a “W” will appear in place of a grade.
|Course Length||Length Add Period (Calendar Days)||Length of Drop Period (Calendar Days)||Last Day to Withdraw Without Academic Penalty (Calendar Days)|
|2 Weeks||1 day||1 day||9 days|
|4 weeks||2 days||8 days||18 days|
|5 weeks||2 days||8 days||23 days|
|6 weeks||3 days||8 days||28 days|
|8 weeks||3 days||8 days||37 days|
|10 weeks||4 days||8 days||46 days|
|12 weeks||8 days||12 days||55 days|
|15 weeks||8 days||14 days||70 days|
* All weeks end on Saturday.
** Except for 2 weeks, 12 weeks and 15 weeks the drop period is 8 days to align with the liability schedule, allowing students to drop without a “W” for 8 days for classes that run 4-10 weeks.
*** Students who drop within the deadline can petition to add a course (after the requisite add period) as a replacement only in courses where missed coursework can be made up and with permission of the course instructor.
There is no limit to the number of courses/credits that can be dropped during this period. Courses dropped during this period will be graded as withdrawn (W) and remain on a student’s academic record, however, no credits will be awarded and the student's grade point average (GPA) will not be affected.
The Withdraw/Late Drop period for a course begins with the first calendar day after the Course Drop period and ends on the day when 66% percent of the duration of the course is attained. During the Late Drop period, students who do not file for withdrawal with the registrar’s office within these times will continue to be registered for the course(s) and will be assigned an “F” in the course(s) affected if they have not completed the requirements of the course(s) or withdraw after the deadlines.
- It is the student’s responsibility to withdraw from courses he or she has registered for. Failure to officially withdraw will result in tuition liability.
- Students who merely stop attending will receive a grad of “FX”. Non-attendance of classes, informing the instructor of withdrawal, or stopping payment on a check does not constitute official withdrawal and does not relieve the student of his or her financial obligation, or entitle the student to a refund. A student who registers and does not attend class remains fully responsible for all financial obligations.
Students may not change their registration in a course while a case of academic misconduct is being investigated. Likewise, students found responsible for academic misconduct may not change their registration status for that class.
Students may not attend a class they are not registered for or “force register” by appearing in a class.