Required for Degree
|Courses by Advisement
|Liberal Arts and Science Requirements 1
Liberal Arts and Sciences Requirements are composed of:
- 1 Course in Writing and Composition that meets NYSED Arts and Science Definition* (3 credits)
- 1 Physical/Natural Science Course with lab that meets NYSED Arts and Science Definition* (4 credits)
- 1 Statistics Course (e.g., MAT 120) that meets NYSED Arts and Science Definition* (3-4 credits)
- 1 Social Science Course that meets NYSED Arts and Science Definition* (3 credits)
- 1 Humanities Course that meets NYSED Arts and Science Definition* (3 credits)
- HP/HUM 102 Cultural Studies in Healthcare (3 credits)
|Introduction to Public Health
|Population Based Nursing
|Community Health Experience
Good Academic Standing
To be in good academic standing for the Healthcare Studies B.P.S. program, students must:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.00.1
Students who are in an early assurance track for a graduate health progression program must also meet the academic standing requirements specific to those early assurance program tracks. Please see your specific early assurance program for more detail.
Students who are not in good academic standing will be placed on academic probation for their next (non-summer) semester. Students on academic probation will be limited to 13 credit hours during the semester they are on academic probation. Students will be removed from probation if they meet the requirements for good academic standing listed above. Students can remain on academic probation for two consecutive, non-summer, semesters.
Students will be dismissed from the Healthcare Studies B.P.S. program if they:
- Fail to remain in good academic standing after having been on academic probation in the Healthcare Studies B.P.S. program during the immediate two preceding consecutive, non-summer, semesters.
Students will be eligible for a baccalaureate in professional studies degree in Healthcare studies if they:
- Fulfill all university and major curriculum requirements and
- Earn a cumulative GPA of 2.0.
To appeal a decision rendered by the School of Health Professions faculty/administration that has academic consequences, you must follow the appeal procedures which are available at www.dyc.edu/appeals.
Applicants must meet these criteria for entrance into the Health Services Management BS program.
- Submitted application for admission
- Applications are free of charge and can be found on our apply webpage.
- Official transcripts from ALL previously attended college or universities
- Earned an Associate in Applied Science in a technical healthcare profession or 65 accumulated college credits from an accredited college or university
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0