A clinical research associate is a professional who monitors the administration and progress of a clinical trial (pharmaceuticals, biologics or devices) on behalf of a sponsor. This certificate program, which is registered with the New York State Education Department, is designed to provide a focused course of study for individuals seeking to position themselves for certification as a clinical research associate. It will also provide knowledge and skills of clinical excellence in monitoring scientific studies toward the advancement of knowledge and improvement of health.
|HSA-608||Research Methodology & Design||3|
|HSA-648||Introduction to Health Care Finance||3|
|HSA-653||Legal & Ethical Issues in HCO||3|
|Select one of the following electives:||3|
|Introducing Drugs Into Human Population|
To appeal a decision rendered by the School of Health Professions faculty/administration that has academic consequences, you must follow the appeal procedures which are available at www.dyc.edu/appeals.
The admission requirements common to all certificate programs are listed here. Requirements that are specific to a given certificate program are included under each program’s listing. Action on an application begins when the application, application fee and the official transcripts have been received. In addition to the application procedure, all candidates must demonstrate evidence of capability to succeed in a graduate program as shown by one of the following (all grade point averages (G.P.A.) are based on a 4.0 system):
- A cumulative undergraduate G.P.A. of at least 3.0
- A cumulative undergraduate G.P.A. of at least 2.7 with a 3.0 or better in the second half of undergraduate work
- A cumulative undergraduate G.P.A. of at least 2.7 with a 3.0 or better in the major field.
Program Admission Requirements
- Complete the online graduate application
- Submit and admissions statement/ essay specifically addressing how the program will be of benefit to you and the community that you serve. Statement should be about 250 words.
- Provide official transcripts from ALL prior colleges.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from an employer, professional supervisor, colleague or previous professor.
- Submit a current resume
- Possess relevant work experience and/ or a related degree.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in a health care discipline. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in the field.